I firmly believe in total thankfulness every single day of the year.
I’m also thankful for a specific, set-apart day of thankfulness each year. Though I’m counting my blessings every day, it is wonderful to specifically focus on that for a season.
Of the many things in life I am thankful for, great books easily make the list. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- The Bible: the best Book ever written, God’s direct gift to us.
- The Patty Fairfield series, by Carolyn Wells: wholesome, clean, uplifting, entertaining, quaint story
- The Pirates and Faith series, by Molly Evangeline: the message of Jesus Christ is strong in these books
- Blood of Kings Trilogy, by Jill Williamson: very thought-provoking and clear in relating what darkness truly is and how it is overcome by our Lord Jesus Christ
- Water Princess, Fire Prince, by Kendra E. Ardnek: well-written, enjoyable, allegorical, fun
I also look forward to the encouragement God will give me through books this upcoming year. Books are a powerful tool to draw us nearer to Him.
And this is the perfect time to stock up on God-honoring books for next year. I am thankful for authors who place books on sale so that we can increase our collection. In honor of the Thanksgiving season, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There’s literally something for everyone.
Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?