See Hidden Orchards for the link-up
1. What’s your favorite part about Christmas?
A far easier question would be what isn’t my favorite part. I enjoy the Christmas spirit, lit-up Christmas trees, warmish yet snowy winter days, happy times of gift giving, listening to Christmas music, and enjoying Christmas decorations. My favorite part, though, would have to be meditating on the birth of Jesus Christ who conquered sin and the world and now lives in me that I may be one with my Father and Creator.
2. Does your family have any special Christmas traditions? If so, which is your favorite?
In my family, Christmas traditions seem to vary from year to year. For a few years, we celebrate with one “tradition,” then we move to another. Such traditions have included celebrating St. Lucia Day on December 13, making and eating lefse, attending church on Christmas Eve, Christmas stockings, having a Christmas Day meal of Swedish meatballs, ice fishing, and more. My favorite, however, is attending Handel’s Messiah sing-alongs and concerts.
3. Everyone knows that music is best part of Christmas. What’s your favorite Christmas carol?
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear. It’s not just a song; it’s a story. In fact, I devoted an entire post to this Christmas carol and why it is my favorite here.
4. What’s your favorite Christmas song (i.e. non-sacred carol)?
This question is more difficult than the last. Christmas is sacred. But my favorite is probably We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
5. What’s your favorite Christmas story or novel?
My favorite story is the birth of Jesus. The Angel Story by Max Lucado is also excellent.
6. What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?
I would probably say a soft, chewy snickerdoodle.
7. Do you shop at Christmastime? Where’s your favorite place to do Christmas shopping?
I don’t shop too much; I generally try to combine my purchases. In general, thrift stores are my favorite for myself, but they’re not usually the best place to find gifts–though they can be. Amazon.com has great gifts as well without trekking around miles of merchandise to find it.
8. What’s your favorite Christmas treat?
I like eggnog and plum pudding.
9. Do you watch Christmas movies? What’s your favorite one?
I only watch them once in a while. My favorite might be The Nativity Story or The Christmas Candle.
10. We all know how much fun setting up the Christmas tree can be. Of course, there are always those ornaments that you made in first grade that you would rather forget but they go on the tree anyway. Do you have a favorite ornament? What’s the story behind it?
My favorite personal ornament is a metal trumpet given to me about twelve years ago by a wonderful friend, who also happens to be an amazing author, as a favor at her birthday party. Another favorite is an angel I made from a kit–and I gave a similar kit to that friend as part of her birthday present that same year. 🙂